Saturday, 8 March 2008

GMS

The Garden Moth Scheme (GMS) ran successfully from 2003 to 2006 in the West Midlands Region with 50 gardens taking part across six counties. In 2007, it started to expand the scheme into a national project. It now has additional recorders across the country from the Isle of Wight to Scotland. In 2007 it had over 100 recorders and now it is hoping for another big expansion in 2008.The scheme started last night across the country and only asks for the most common species.I ran my MV all night and recorded zero as did Brian Leesey in Todmorden.Brian recorded -1 Twin spot Quaker,,3 Chestnutand 27 Satelites at wine ropes in Hallwood todmorden,I recorded 0 at my wine rope.

1 comment:

drepana said...

well, In Hebden Bridge I recorded 1 March Moth but that was on Thursday night which was a few degrees milder. Nothing at the wine rope however