Monday, 6 July 2009

Peppered moths

Hi everyone,

So following up an exchange with Andy this morning, I thought I would post directly to ask if anyone might be willing to send me some melanic or typical peppered moths they might catch.

I am a biologist working in the Zoology Department at Oxford and have an historical interest in repeating some of HBD Kettlewells (and others) old moth breeding experiments that deduced the genetics of the melanic allele.

I'd be particularly interested in melanic males and females (but typicals would be useful too) and would be willing to cover the postage and packing costs. The moths are usually ok if stored in the fridge for a few days or a week, so you wouldn't have to mess about sending every single one...

Thanks everyone.

1 comment:

AndyC said...

Thanks again John,anyone who is interested I have Johns postal addres