Friday, 25 April 2014

NORTHERN OAK EGGER CATS





Walking across the moors early today I noticed a white blob on the heather (bottom pic).A closer look made me realise it was a Oak eggar cat covered in dew. I hastily had a look at nearby clumps of heather and in one hour I counted 167  in a 1km square ( must have missed 100's).if they hadn't been covered in dew I would easily have missed them. Also yesterday I found  Philedonides luana  to be locally common on Midgley and Warley Moor and my first 10 Common Heaths of the year . Nick Dawtry saw many Emperor moths at High Royd Well Moor and Steve L saw Green Hair Streaks  at Scammonden

2 comments:

Steve Blacksmith said...

We saw two Green Hairstreaks just above the Cat int Well pub on Good Friday. also one juv Common Lizard.

Do you mean Highroad Well Moor?

AndyC said...

No Warley Moor , I also had a juv Common Lizard here.