Thursday, 20 July 2017

Stainland 20 July 2017

Five moths today. Sadly I'm at a loss with three of them, so they need confirmation please. Colin told me that it was better to get them recorded and get the names later, than not record them because you don't know their names.

At 3 a.m. I let our cat out. By the door was a Swallow-tailed moth, then I saw the others. I'd been awake about 5 minutes, but had to take the photos. That's dedication, or possibly lunacy. They had all gone except the Swallow-tailed this morning.

The photos are in the order below.
Blastobasis adustella TBC.
Eudonia truncicolella TBC (I can't see any ring or X marks).
Grass moth sp. TBC. I really have no idea what it is.
Marbled Beauty - Bryophila domestica. (I'm showing this as the orange brown varietal form are becoming more frequent than the grey and white ones now).
Swallow-tailed moth. Ourapteryx sambucaria. Such a lovely moth.

Blastobasis adustella.

Eudonia truncicolella TBC.

Grass moth sp. TBC.

Marbled Beauty.

 Swallow-tailed moth - 
Ourapteryx sambucaria.



No comments: