Tuesday, 29 August 2017

Stainland 29 August 2017

8 moths today, with one photo I was really pleased to get:

3 x Blastobasis adustella. (More about it below).
2 x Garden Rose Tortrix. (Both same markings).
1 x Light Brown Apple moth.
1 x Large Yellow Underwing.
1 x  Brimstone moth. (Same one as yesterday, it's not moved at all).

You may have noticed that I'm making a collection of the Garden Rose Tortrix colour variations. This one is a little different from the others, although not a great deal so, I admit.

Garden Rose Tortrix.

The next moth is quite worn.


Large Yellow Underwing.

Now for the photo I was so pleased to get. I took it at 4 o'clock this morning. It's the first moth mating I've seen. (Is that a sad thing to be exited about?)

Blastobasis adustella.

3 comments:

AndyC said...

Good idea with the Garden Rose Torts , there is real variation in this species...

Gordon Jackson said...

Thanks Andy. I was hoping that folk were not getting sick of seeing them.

Gordon Jackson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.