First the 2 very small ones, about 5mm long at a guess.
Then the bigger ones - 3 in all
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
Then the bigger ones - 3 in all
3 comments:
Hi to both of you.Top one is Eriocrania subpurpurella, which is a day flier as well and can be seen in the hundreds in oak woodland at the moment. Second is Mompha subbistrigella, and yes they are small!! I'll leave the others to the macro experts.
Hi Andy and Lorna
Exciting Stuff
3) Looks like the dark form of a Brindled Pug to me judging by a)General shape and b) worn at this time of year as they have been around a while now
4) is Double-striped Pug
5) is Spruce Carpet
Never had number 2 or 4 over here.
You have just descovered that the world of moth photograph can be one of chance and frustration despite been the best photography we all need a bit of luck. I think I had a lot of luck with the pale pinion in the recent post. Happy hunting
Winston
Hi guys, thanks for the help with the ID, will also have a look at them in the book as part of the learning process! :-)
Hopefully will get plenty more practise on the photography side! Will get the trap out again - maybe sunday night and see what we get. Until I get some power run down to the bottom of the garden can only leave it on till I go to bed, luckily (?) that is pretty late at the moment!
Post a Comment