


Anyone care to put names to these three species? All I know is the top one is a Butterfly (I think!)
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
3 comments:
Hi There
I will try...
top - Large skipper, yes it is a butterfly but holds itswings differently to most and doesn't have the club shaped antennae of all other butterflies.
middle - A rather worn silver y moth. you can see the y shaped mark nicely on the wing (Flipped horizontally)in your pic
bottom -
bottom - see previous post :-)
great pics . Winston
Hi Winston. Many thanks for the ids; interesting to find the Silver Y is a migrant from Southern Europe.
Cheers.
Iain.
Anyone know the bottom moth?
Post a Comment