Walking across the moors early today I noticed a white blob on the heather (bottom pic).A closer look made me realise it was a Oak eggar cat covered in dew. I hastily had a look at nearby clumps of heather and in one hour I counted 167 in a 1km square ( must have missed 100's).if they hadn't been covered in dew I would easily have missed them. Also yesterday I found Philedonides luana to be locally common on Midgley and Warley Moor and my first 10 Common Heaths of the year . Nick Dawtry saw many Emperor moths at High Royd Well Moor and Steve L saw Green Hair Streaks at Scammonden
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We saw two Green Hairstreaks just above the Cat int Well pub on Good Friday. also one juv Common Lizard.
Do you mean Highroad Well Moor?
No Warley Moor , I also had a juv Common Lizard here.
Post a Comment