Saturday, 13 February 2016
Diplodoma laichartingella Pecket Well Clough 13 02 16
Checked a Large Beech Tree in Pecket Well Clough for Diplodoma laichartingella Cases today 13 02 16,and was Amazed to find at least 15 Larval Cases,all on one Tree ! 5 were about a 3rd the size of the majority perhaps indicating Yearlings ? With upto 5 in one recess at the base of the tree,and they were positioned all the way round the tree facing all points of the compass ! Regards Bri.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
GREAT FIND THERE BRI WELL DONE
I was looking at the base of beech trees last week Bri but not sure what I'm looking for !!?
There are at least 2 in this pic.................
Sorry I've marked the Larval Cases on the pics now,they are not the easiest to find though,the camera flash picks them out ,Dave a torch and kneeling mat is a must if you have a look for them.
Thanks guys. I see now on the computer and couldn't make them out on my phone pictures.
Hi Brian Nice find !! Well done , Lichen Scoffers as well
In my experience Dave even when you know what you're looking for they still look like bits of debris hanging from an old spider's thread :-)
Well done Bri, fascinating stuff!
Post a Comment