I saw this moth at 2 am, but needed ladders to get to it. I wasn't about t waken the street by clanking about. Luckily for me, it was here this morning. I was becoming envious of others sighting moths and me not seeing any.
I did have a small light brown pug visiting the night before, but it had gone in the morning, so I've no idea what it would be. However, the Early thorn:
Early Thorn - Selenia dentaria
Shameless advert now. For those interested in art, I have a new post on my graphics blog.

2 comments:
NICEONE < had my first early thorn last night>>>>
Andy, the moths are remarkable regular. They are all popping up in various parts of Halifax at the same time. In April on the 7th, I had two millipedes by the door. A White Legged Sake Millipede and a Blunt-tailed Snake Millipede. My records showed that I had the same two species of the 9th April 2016 at about the same time. The consistency is incredible.
Post a Comment