Tuesday, 12 June 2018

Mixenden Surprise

I checked the reservoir area this morning and the lower end of Ogden golf course. No a lot in the way of butterflies or day flying moths though it was quite overcast and breezy.
Golf Course
 1 Small Heath
 1 Large Skipper

On the way back, past the reservoir I came across this surprise which conveniently posed nicely, though I did have the wrong lens on !
 Wall Butterfly
 
No good on wild flowers but these were the ones it was nectering on. Just a small clump though the reservoir bankings are full of wild flowers which I guess will get mown down before too long. Also there, just one Small White.

2 comments:

Colin D said...

Hello David I have WB at Ogden which on the sunny side of the Reservoir . Nice to see that they are persiting here Flower is Orange Hawkweed Pilosella aurantiaca AKA Fox and Cubs

David Sutcliffe said...

Nice one Colin. They seem to be just about hanging on. I guess this weather will help to support them. Thanks for the plant identification. I’m hopeless on wildflowers !!