Just one moth on the pebble-dashing by the trap.
Silver Y x 1
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
3 comments:
getting a bit quiet now Dace
only one Red-green Carpet here last night but 6 on Friday night along with an Autumn Green Carpet, Brick, 2 Grey Pine Carpet and a Mottled Umber
Hi Martyn - I do like the Autumn Green Carpets but I don't get many. Never had Grey Pine Carpet either, that looks a nice moth.
hi David
I don't get many Autumn Green here either. Grey Pine Carpets are regular but I know so called common moths are not common everywhere
an example here is Garden Carpet, I get 5-8 per year with a maximum of 13 in 2013, at Pellon just 3 miles away I used to get 200-400 a year!
Silver-ground Carpet is not very common here either
I've been reading the Moth Atlas for Britain, it would be good if we could do a local one
Post a Comment