Peacock x 7 this morning was the only species on the grassland landfill - mostly on Dandelions. Orange-tip x 2 on the edge of the woodland
I came back through the park woodland - that's the steep hillside facing Shroggs Road (and B and Q). Full sun, south facing. There's a small area which was originally used as a garden waste area. Its now full of wild vegetation without the grasses and it's been a good little butterfly spot in early spring for the last couple of years. I stayed there for nearly an hour.
Holly Blue x 1
Orange-tip x 6 (2 males)
Speckled Wood x 3
Small White x 1
Peacock x 5
The Oak woodland further on the hillside was also alive with insects and I suspect there were some micr-moths in places around the oaks - Dyseriocrania subpurpurella - might take a net down next hot sunny day !
Also a Holly Blue on Thornhill Beck Lane on 18th from John M.
No comments:
Post a Comment