It's been a good week again for butterflies in the garden. Unprecedented in the continuing hot, sunny days, mainly attracted to Verbena bonariensis as well as Buddleia, Echinacea and White Valerian etc...
1 Painted Lady, 2 Gatekeeper, 6+Small White, 2+Large White, 1 Red Admiral, 1 Peacock, 1 Small Copper, 1 Holly Blue (daily), 1 Peacock. 1 Comma, 1 Small Skipper, 3+ Meadow Brown, 1 Speckled Wood and just 1 Green-veined White.
Also yesterday morning a Purple Hairstreak turned up fluttering on the grass in the early morning sunshine, I suspect it was attracted to morning dew (?). I have seen this with them in recent years.
It was a surprise as I've not seen them over the nearby oaks at all yet this year.
I grabbed some shots but camera was on the wrong setting and they are just about bleached out though can just see enough detail to confirm its identity.
One nice moth this morning despite the overnight rain.
Coxcomb Prominent
No comments:
Post a Comment