up to 50 at the pools.
also here
common hawker 6
emerald damselfly 3
black darter
female
female
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
2 comments:
Hi Darrell
Sue and I first spotted Black Darter up around Whiteholm a few years back but the pool we saw them at was actually outside Calderdale we were told by Jill & Brian Lucas from the Dragonfly Soc who we sent up to check them out. I assume that Tom knows about this site now in Calderdale ?
You are getting some cracking shots of Dragonflies. Have you nipped over the border to Watergrove Res dragonfly spotting ? Its had various ponds and scapes put in to attract moorland dragonflies (first place we ever spotted Black Darter) and at least one of the large ponds has a great viewng platform you can set the scope up on for digiscoping. I am sure you would get some great shots at Watergrove. Apologies if you already know of Watergrove (there is also a bird hide), but I assume a few others on the blog might never have been to it and its well worth a visit.
thanks for the info paul.
i will head over on the good day
thanks
darrell
Post a Comment