
blue underwinged blue

mysteriously patterened moth
thanks for any help
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
3 comments:
Dishfish (do you have a first name??), the top one is a Holly Blue (a butterfly) and the bottom is a Black Arches (a moth)- you didn't say where you saw this one, not locally I'm guessing?
Charly.
portsmouth
why do you ask where i saw it?
my first name is daniel
Hi Daniel,
The reason I asked was because it's a very rare moth this far north.I'm not even sure if it's has been recorded in Calderdale before. Maybe Andy or Paul can shed some light on the matter.
Post a Comment