Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
4 comments:
Looks Good for Ear Moth Species David
Nice looking moth Dave, just what I need to practice my dissection technique on, don't suppose ...................?
Phone shot came out better than I suspected. A tricky group Charlie and dissection is the only way to tell them apart, I hear. It will have gone now - it heard you were coming !!!! Whiteholme drain and Fly Flatts was the last place I had any(singles) - both in October 2015 and both on Ragwort. Time for some more.
Yes, it's a very nice photo Dave, I do like shots of moths feeding on Ragwort - time to check out a few sites round my neck of the woods see if anything's about, never had much luck by day though.......
Post a Comment