Wednesday, 18 September 2019

Hollas Bridge


There were butterflies all over the place yesterday ...
Common Blue x 2
Small Copper x 1
Small Tortoiseshell x 38
Red Admiral x 43
Painted Lady x 22
Comma x 5
Peacock x 3
Speckled Wood x 4
Small White x 5
Large White x 2

7 comments:

Edward Evans said...

You did get a lot of butterflies there

charlie streets said...

What's that on the top rail next to the two small torts Andy?

AndyC said...

There is a red admiral with its wings closed and there was a Painted Lady when I took the photo...must have flown off...

David Sutcliffe said...

Comma

charlie streets said...

Dave, it's about 6 inches to the left of the small torts - must be the Red Admiral with it's wings closed.

David Sutcliffe said...

Oh... I was looking at the one just on the top rail right of the main upright pole.

David Sutcliffe said...

I see the Red Admiral by the knots in the wood now Charlie !!