Moth Trapping Session 23rd November 2019
My first Scarce Umber at last. Good Otherwise.
List of Species
Scarce UMber x2
Satellite x5
Chestnut x1
Sunday, 24 November 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
7 comments:
A new species is always a bit special. But to others they see the moth in this case on a regular basis. Probably sick of the sight of them.:-)
All moths at this time of year are a bit special...and ones from Rishworth are all new to that area....
There is always something to be positive about! I still can't get over the joy of Angle Striped Sallows and Pale Pinions visiting in my first year of trspping,,!
Following on from what Edward said, I had my first ever November moth this year. Other people seem to find them in veritable flocks. It's a strange world.
My moth visitors have eased off to a steady zero. I've wondered before if moth only arrive in any number at our house once all our flowers start blooming, then disappear when they die off. This year, I've taken careful note, I was correct.
Andy saying he's ,had 1000's of one species in the past, made me envious. Again, I've only seen one, or maybe two of that species.
Yes. I know what you mean, I only got the moth trap in v.late August so before I had the trap I was still interested in moths and would check all the flowers at night. The best I found then was a Middle-Barred Minor. You could get a moth trap because certain types of moths dislike a normal house/security light. I hope this advice is useful Gordon.
Thanks Edward. my wife Anne is not keen on having a moth trap. One of her brothers used to scare her regularly when she was young, by holding his hands closed in front of her, saying he was going to let it go in her face, it would get stuck in her hair etc. It has taken me YEARS to reach the point where she is OK looking at them in the morning, sleeping on or near our door. She can;t cope with them flying.
Actually, I do do too badly with moths once the season takes off. A couple of people have said I must be in a hot spot for them, so that's not too bad.
Yes before I got the moth trap they use to like the living room light and still show up on occasions.yes I would agree because in june July you do v.well
Post a Comment