Saturday, 23 November 2019

Stainland. In the quiet months.

I thought I'd try and create the look of the movement of lepidoptera wings in flight. I was inspired by the video of the wold's biggest moth. Thank's Andy.

For those who maybe interested, it took about 5 hours to do.

Butterflies in Flight.

7 comments:

David Sutcliffe said...

Very nice Gordon

Gordon Jackson said...

Thank you David, It's nice to get feedback on one's images.

Edward Evans said...

Yes, How did you make that? You did a great job.

AndyC said...

Yes like the colours.

Gordon Jackson said...

Thank you everyone, that's very nice. How did I do it? Hmm, it's quite complex to explain, easier to show people. It computer generated for a start.

I Used a powerful Fractal program first, called ChaosPro. I programmed the basic forms I wanted in it, then drew them using that software.

I imported the result into the very wonderful, public domain graphics program called IrfanView. I've used it's various incarnations for 30 years. It's better than some commercial programs. It's possible to add what are known as, "8bf plugins" in it. These expand the programs capabilities. Using several 8bfs, I changed the colours of parts of the image and modified the shape of it ,until I got a result I was pleased with. I exported the image onto a black background and digitally sharpened the result. That's it.

I bet you're sorry you asked now. Hehehe. Thanks again for the nice things you said.

Edward Evans said...

Yes,I thought that it was fabric organized but closer inspection showed it was graphic design. You're welcome. You displayed the wing movement v ery well.

Gordon Jackson said...

Thank you Edward.