Wednesday, 9 June 2021

Rishworth - 9th June - SILVER HOOK WITH CF UPDATE

 A very rare for Yorkshire moth in the trap this morning, it was trying to get out, so I took a picture through the plastic baffles, and when I tried to pot it, it flew off. Bugger. But I did get a record shot (If it even meets that standard) as you can make out the moth and it's markings. It was an absolutely beautiful moth.

Update: CF says that this is a superb record, and may have possibly come over from a population in Lancashire. He also says there are no Yorkshire records nearby, and this is the 3rd ever in VC63 and first for 51 years since 1 at Thorne Moors in 1970.  I, personally hope they start to breed here!

Elsewhere in the trap:

Pale Tussock x2

Peppered Moth x3

White Ermine x3 [NFY]

Silver Hook x1 [NFG] And Calderdale .......

Buff-tip x2

Silver Ground Carpet x3

Rustic Shoulder Knot x1

Pebble Prominent x1 [NFY]

Flame Shoulder x1

Marbled White Spot x1

Coxcomb Prominent x1 [NFY]

Lesser Swallow Prominent x1

Silver Hook, Rishworth

6 comments:

AndyC said...

Superb what an excellent find and a great reward for all your hard work...brilliant...

AndyC said...

fingers crossed for a small population ....like your Marbled White Spots...."""""""!!!!!!

Edward Evans said...

I really hope so, and it's excellent to see that moth, thanks. I will be down at Cromwell this Saturday

Martynbirder said...

Brilliant! nice job getting a record shot

David Sutcliffe said...

Well done Edward - a great find.

Edward Evans said...

Thanks both!