So warm up there this afternoon - most unusual for that location.
Butterflies were the stars of the afternoon along Ned Hill Road and the track as well as on the top and by the mast but the best spot was on the north slope where Buddleia bushes, self seeded, were in full flower. I gave up counting Peacocks after I got up to 35.... also on the bushes were a few Red Admirals, Small Tortoiseshells, Small Coppers and 2 Wall Browns.
Wall Browns total was at least 10 over the whole site but there were probably more that I missed though generally they favoured the dusty tracks and bare area and of course the stone walls.
A few Green-veined Whites were also around and just one Meadow Brown
Moths included
Yellow Shell x 1
Shaded Broad-bar x 2
Latticed Heath x 1
Also micros that I suspect were Udea lutealis though they were looking quite faded.
No comments:
Post a Comment