Wednesday, 18 August 2021

Stainland. Moths from 13th Aug. to 16th Aug.

Updated post: Andy gave ne the IDs for the two I got wrong.


Another catch-up set of records. Health problems got in the way again. I seem to be recoving well now.

 I try to examing wing damage and markings as much as possible, to rule out duplicate counts, It isn't alway easy, or possible.3 x

13th Aug

 6 x Lesser Broad-bordered Underwing (A record number for me. See party of 4 below).

2 x Straw Dot

1 x Willow Beauty

1 x Small Phoenix

1 x Blastobasis adustella

1 x Blastobasis lacticolella

1 x Marbled Beauty

1 x Buff Footman Eilema depressa

1 x Lesser Yellow Underwing

1 x Anter Moth

Lesser Broad-bordered Underwing
 
Anter Moth
 
Buff Footman Eilema depressa
 
Lesser Yellow Underwing
 
Have other people found a higer than normal amount of Lesser Broad-bordered Underwing this year?


14th Aug.

3 x Lesser Broad-bordered Yellow Underwing
1 x Marbled Beauty
1 x Small Phoenix 
1 x Mother of Pearl


15th Aug.

2 x Small Phoenix
2 x Lesser Broad-bordered Yellow Underwing 
2 x Udea prunalis
1 x Willow Beauty
1 x Marbled Beauty

16th Aug.

3 x Lesser Broad-bordered Yellow Underwing 
1 x Small Phoenix
1 x Marbled Beauty.

I'm up to date again now.



 


2 comments:

AndyC said...

ld would say Buff and lesser yellow underwing

Gordon Jackson said...

Thank you Andy. I'm not sure I'd have got the LY Underwing. Now you've said Buff Footman it seems obvious, Dunno what was wrong with me. (I do really, I'm hoping to be cured soon).