By the end of this post I will have caught up. Some of you may wonder why I didn't add them to one big post, as before. I did try, however, it seems that my concentration has not recovered yet. I got my records of the last few days in quite a mess, by trying to combine them in one post. I started again, it worked. Hey ho! Never mind, here they are.
Post updated 27th July. Thanks to David for an ID of three moths
25th July 20223 x Marbled Beauties
3 x Blastobasis lacticolella
2 x Common Footman
2 x Marbled Beauties
1 x Twenty Plume
1 x Garden Grass Veneer
1 x Grey Dagger (I’m not sure if I’ve seen this one before, or not Nice moth though)
1 x Willow Beauty
1 x Grey Dagger (I’m not sure if I’ve seen this one before, or not. Nice moth though)
1 x Eudonia Sp. Unknown ID Needed
1 x Willow Beauty (I think) Very badly Worn
1 x Unspecified Needs an ID (Poor photo)
This last one has taken me a very long time to complete. I had to re-do it three times and became very irate with myself. I really need help with the IDs here.
I'm off for a lie down now, I'm am so trashed.
Dark Dagger/Grey Dagger
IDs needed for the below, thank you
Agapeta hamana
Garden Pebble




4 comments:
Dark Dagger/Grey Dagger needs gen det to confirm species i d Gordon. The yellow micro looks like Agapeta hamana and the other one below it is another micro - Garden Pebble otherwise known as Evergestis forficalis.
Can't help with the Eudonia - they baffle me too !!!
Hi David, thank you so much or the IDs. How do I classify the Dagger? Dagger something agg?
So far this year, I've had a lot of firsts to the garden. I think it's due to having several Nicotiana plants (tobacco plants) by the door. The have a wonderful, heavy perfume in the evening and during the night. One of them is five feet high with maroon/pink flowers. They attract moths. Well worth growing.
I woke this morning with a clear mind, and pain free. At least back to my usual level of it. *Smile*. All symptoms of my old "war wound" gone. It's like being reborn, well, almost!
Record as Dark Dagger/Grey Dagger. Stay on the up Gordon. Good to hear about Nicotiana, have never grown it in the garden so hopefully give it a try, maybe next year now. Sweet Williams are pretty good too though forgot to get some for this summer - it's a good one to try for Varied Coronet. Sweet Williams-plant in autumn for next summer flowering.
Hi David, thanks for the info. Garden centers sell Nicotiana as bedding plants, there is a small and a large variety, you can get mixed colour flowers. I looked at ours this morning, it's about 4, not 5 feet and has over 80 flowers on, quite spectacular. Varied Coronet, Ok I'll hope to see one. I love Sweet Williams, I grew up with them, pretty and wonderfully scented.
Post a Comment