Tuesday, 17 July 2018

Jerusalem Farm 14/15th July & Ogden Water 18th July (WLH)

We had a our wildlife group annual family camp over at Jerusalem Farm, terrorising the local wildlife and hunting bugs, burgers and bats. Part of the session was a butterfly hunt, then a moth trap over night - results below

Meadow brown 10+
Comma 1
Large White 15+
Green Veined White 10+
Ringlet 25+
Small skipper 20+
Small tortoiseshell 1
Silver Y -

Moth trap
Small magpie x2
Light emerald x3
LYU x12
Antler moth x2
Northern Spinach x2
Bird cherry ermine x25+
Plain Golden Y x1
V-pug x2
Coxcombe prominent x1
Hebrew character x1
Clouded border x1
and a few more I am still working on.....

Ogden Water 18.7.18
Found a nice little spot for butterflies, just up from Skirden Clough green bridge on the left is a patch of thistles, grasses, rosebay, ragwort and brambles. Quite a lot of white and skipper activity, but closer to the green bridge found a White letter hairstreak on bramble, looked a bit ragged round the edge, but a nice find and one to add to the site list.

3 comments:

David Sutcliffe said...

Another good one there Chris. I think that's well away from any elms which I gather is their favoured species.

AndyC said...

Nice one Chris another WLH...your Hebrew Character may be Double square spot or similar ...bit late for HC....

Chris said...

Thanks Andy, did nto take a photo so will double check next time I get one in the trap.