Somebody put me out of my misery - FW 18mm. From Luddenden Dean.
Thursday, 15 July 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
5 comments:
A noctuid, possibly a anomaly Marbled Beauty? In plants it would be called a sport, I don't now the name in for it in the insect world, sorry.
Just a guess, but seems reasonable, at least to me.
Hi Gordon, thanks for your theory, it sounds interesting.
I sent the photo to Charlie Fletcher, Yorkshire moth recorder and he says it's an odd form of Dusky Brocade. I would never have got it in a million years - he is good!
Hi Gordon and Charlie. I recently sent an odd one to CF - of one that totally baffled me (don't take much)!! I'll post it on today's for comparison - CF suggested Dusky Brocade too.
Dusky Brocade comes in many many forms...............
We thought we'd discovered a moth new to science!
Post a Comment