Just before bedtime, on the 5th July, I looked to see if there were any moths by the door. There were four Marbled Beautie,s left from the five I had the night before. As I was focusing the camera, it began to rain. Two more Marbled Beauties and one snout arrived. Hiding from the rain I suppose, lucky timing for me. There were two Blastobasis lacticollela as well. As the year moves on, I suppose I shall get more Blastobasis sp. (Both Blastobasis lacticollela and Blastobasis adustella). I ususally have more of the latter arriving first, I've not seen one. They seem to be late this year, the poor weather perhaps? I'm hoping they are not another climate change casualty.
So:
6 x Marbled Beauties
2 x Blastobasis lacticollela
1 x Snout
Snout

1 comment:
Snout always a nice one to find Gordon.
I found some very small caterpillars of the Cinnabar Moth yesterday in Luddenden - on roadside Ragwort. Not sure the photos on the phone will do them justice !!
Post a Comment