I had a short walk this morning and came across another new species of bagworm for myself and probably Calderdale - Luffia ferchaultella. There were four tenanted cases on the move (and no doubt many more) on a wall at Salterhebble. The cases are quite distinctive, a swept back cone shape a bit like a wizard's had. I've taken a couple to rear through.
Friday, 5 June 2020
Another Bagworm
I had a short walk this morning and came across another new species of bagworm for myself and probably Calderdale - Luffia ferchaultella. There were four tenanted cases on the move (and no doubt many more) on a wall at Salterhebble. The cases are quite distinctive, a swept back cone shape a bit like a wizard's had. I've taken a couple to rear through.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Your on a roll...well done with both recent discoveries ....looking forward to more photos
Hopefully there will be some adults to photograph, I can't find any decent pics on tinternet anywhere (using my phone).
These last two bagworm species I've found were almost by accident, maybe that's the trick - to pretend you're not really bothered!
Anyway, it's my 600th Calderdale species so a double celebration :-)
Post a Comment