Wednesday, 10 July 2019

Stainland.

Three moths today. The first is a Pug. I looked on Yorkshire moths at all the Pugs listed as flying tonight. Not one matched mine. The nearest was a rare one, (of course it was) so it could not be that.

Could someone ID it for me please?

Pug, ID needed.

Don't get too excited about the next one. It isn't a moth from a distant galaxy, capable of lighting itself internally. Nor is it a rare luminous form.  It's on the inside of our fanlight and taken in daylight.

Riband Wave, ab. remutata,

I have admit that I don't know if this next moth, a Clouded Border, is the same one I posted yesterday. As far as I knew that moth flew away, it had certainly gone half an hour after I snapped it. I've studied the markings on both quite carefully, they are the same as far as I can tell. I looked on-line at images of them, many have virtually identical markings. There are variation too. So, here it is, you'll have to make your own mind up about it.

(Son of) Clouded Border,

No comments: