Tuesday, 23 July 2019

Stainland.

After Colin's observations, I've corrected the entries I misidentified. 
Thanks Colin.

Several moths last night.  I took these in the small hours, I'd been out of bed for about 6 minutes. For reasons best known to themselves, some of the moths decided to settle at the bottom of the door. I'm still unable to bend my knees far enough to crouch. I certainly would not have been able to lay on the path to take the shots either. So, I'm sorry that some of these photos a soft (blurred!)

Some of these need IDs (if possible) please.

The first one is worn, I couldn't decide what it was.

ID Needed.

Next up is a Eudonia mercurella. There were three of these.


Eudonia mercurella.

I put the next on as it is by far the freshest and most colourful Bee Moth I've seen. It's one of my poor photos, sorry.

Bee Moth.

I can't guess at an ID for the following. I dread seeing this family of moths, the defeat me.
Chrysoteucha culmella.

These were two of these, as near as I can tell, given my comments above about this family.
Chrysoteucha culmella.

The last moth photo is a new moth to me. I think it's a Single Dotted Wave.

Single Dotted Wave.

Also: 
6 x Marbled Beauties.
3 x Blastobasis lacticolella. 

A busy night, I'm expecting more moths tonight, it should be perfect for them.

4 comments:

Colin D said...

Open To Correction looks more like E mercurella and the Veneer Chrysoteucha culmella see what others think

Gordon Jackson said...

Colin, that will teach me to be so sure of myself, Thank you. I did wonder about Chrysoteucha culmella, but as I said before they scare me a bit, they little sods are so difficult to ID, a lot of the time.

Colin D said...

they tend to wear toward the end of the season making them a little more difficult at first glance.Veneers are a good study but photographing them a fair bit of work They are some at cromwell which are more distinct to the eye by virtue of broad white stripes

Colin D said...

tentative feedback Gordon I would wait for a collective before concluding who is to say I got it right !! :-) Should be a good night for you weather Hot !!! quite a few beetles will also be flying to light in these temps