Wednesday, 31 July 2019

Stainland.

Moth count numbers first, at 3 am this morning. (At 8 am, there were just 5 moths left). Then some images from breakfast time.

4 x Common Footman.
2 x  Marbled Beauties.
7 x  Blastobasis sp. (I could clearly see one or two B. lacticolella and B. adustella) the rest were too high up to define.
1 x Riband Wave - Banded form.
2 x Edonia sp. (Too high for photos at the time).

A Willow Beauty, (dark from) arrived during the morning. I was wondering when they would arrive here.

Willow Beauty.

Willow Beauty detail.

Here is where I trip up. I think I have IDd the next one correctly. I did a lot of reading about these moths. So...

Agriphilla tristela TBC.

2 comments:

AndyC said...

Your having a good year Gordon,,great to see all your posts...

Gordon Jackson said...

Andy, I've been thinking about the amount of moths I get. Looking at all my posts here, it's a little embarrassing. I'm out numbering the other members. Probably because I have nothing else to do.

I'm wondering if I get so many sightings because the door is A, in garden surrounded by tall privet. B, because our door is a little set back from the outside wall, therefore sheltered. C, Due to the security light, which is on all night. Or maybe they just like me.:-)