Charlie, you once told me that many moth-ers ignored micros, thinking they were beneath them. I think I have news for you. Many find them so hard to ID they get disillusioned and stay with what they feel safe in. I could be turning into one of those people.
White Shouldered House Moth
(Dingy Dowd). TBC

2 comments:
The trick with moths is knowing which you can ID, then if you can't, knowing someone who can do it for you. Experience will tell you which to not bother with, DEFINITELY no point pulling your hair out trying to ID everything, especially worn ones - just enjoy the ones that end up with a name.
You'll be surprised how far you've come these last few years and too often forget how VERY difficult ID-ing moth can be.
Yes to WSH Moth - not much else like it.
Thank you for that boost Charlie. I have found that sometimes no one IDs a moth I put up, not even macros. The pale brown one with tufting on it's head in a very recent post, is an example. I tend to think, that if people with many years experience can't do it, what chance have I? Yup, soul baring time.
Post a Comment