I'm a beginner at Moffin so please forgive any mistaken ID. My method is to take a photograph of every moth captured and then ID it via the Waring guides and confirm any I'm struggling with UK moths website. Last week I took 160 images some with multiple moths caught in or around my new Skinner MV trap.
Here is the list as I have identified them, if there is owt that raises the eye-brows please let me know and I can send you or post an image;
| Large Yellow Underwing | 75 |
| Willow Beauty | 6 |
| Brimstone Moth | 5 |
| Common Rustic Ag. | 16 |
| Bird Cherry Ermine | 28 |
| Willow Ermine | 1 |
| Common Carpet | 2 |
| Early Thorn | 1 |
| Clouded Border | 1 |
| Lesser B-bordered Yellow Underwing | 15 |
| Lesser Yellow Underwing | 1 |
| Dark Arches | 3 |
| White-shouldered House-moth | 1 |
| July Highflyer | 2 |
| Acleris forsskaleana | 4 |
| Argyresthia semitestacella | 1 |
| Burnished Brass | 1 |
| Dun-bar | 21 |
| Eudonia lacustrata | 1 |
| Eudonia Truncicolella | 1 |
| Flame Carpet | 1 |
| Mother of Pearl | 6 |
| Phoenix | 4 |
| Scalloped Oak | 3 |
| Small Fan-footed Wave | 1 |
| Small Phoenix | 1 |
| Spindle Ermine | 1 |
2 comments:
Eudonia lacustrata ,Eudonia Truncicolella ,and
Spindle Ermine all require great care and should only be put as definates if they have been examined under the microscope,Great list,,,Micros are a tricky bunch,,have a looks at Charlies Blogg for some great tips on micros.
hiya Stranger
don't be put off by unusual Moths in the garden. In the first year I started I was getting Garden Dart and it turned out my front garden was the only site in Yorkshire where they were regular!
good luck
Martyn
Post a Comment