Wednesday, 5 April 2017

Angle Shades Caterpillar - Phlogophora meticulosa

I opened the front door this morning and found a handsome Angle Shades caterpillar - Phlogophora meticulosa on the path. At least I'm fairly sure it is. I've only seen the dark brown variety in our garden before. As I've mentioned before, I have restricted mobility at the moment, I was unable to bend down, or lay on the path. I had to sit on a buffet and take shots from there. They are all a bit soft focus sorry.

It seemed to be eating the dead leaves. I didn't want to disturb it by removing them and watch it curl up. I could have waited until it uncurled, but wasn't really full awake at the time, so that was an after thought. *sigh*

Angle Shades Caterpillar - 
Phlogophora meticulosa


Showing Claspers 

Showing Head

No comments: