UPDATE: Now on Dandelion - 28mm long
I thought this looked a little unusual so I'm going to feed it. It looks like a non-descript noctuid but haven't noticed one so hairy before. It's 20mm and nibbling on Groundsel.
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
6 comments:
Tricky one is it a butterfly sp .??
Not sure, I'm going to send better pics to Reg Fry.
cOLIN SUGGESTS RINGLET.......................................
I've added a dorsal view, probably something very common..............
I think Richard Lewington is working on a new larvae guide - the pug plate looks as good as you would expect from the maestro.
Hi Charlie the Ringlet looks less likely now given the Doral shot
Hi again,
Thanks for having a go anyway - good news is it pupated on the 9th so I'll post the results when the adult pops out in a month or so.
Post a Comment