I caught this two days ago at Copley, forewing 4mm, flying in the early morning sun.
Absolutely no idea what it is.
Anybody any ideas?
Tuesday, 23 April 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
5 comments:
It;s a moth Charlie, the odds are it's a micro.
Elachita sp maybe rufocinera..?/
Elachista canapennella....
Thanks Gordon that's most helpful, it's narrowed it down no end.
I did consider elachistas especially as they fly early in the year but it looked too plain.
It looks very like Tinagma ocnerostomella in Manley's 2nd edition especially the size of it but that seems unlikely.........
The more I look at it the more I think you're right Andy with E.canapennella. Just looked on UK moths and it looks spot on and the flight time fits nicely.
Looked at the hindwing and it was very thin with a pointed apex and very long fringe which ruled out most other likely families.
Post a Comment