Saturday, 22 February 2020

Rishworth - A very interesting ID! (EArly Early tooth striped maybe...)

Moth Trapping Session 22nd February 2020
A good night with a very interesting ID.

List of Species
March Moth x1
Tortricodes alternella x1
ID x1

                                                           ID Above
                                                           March Moth Above
                                                        Tortricodes Alternella above

11 comments:

AndyC said...

Mottled grey ...maybe its very worn...

Edward Evans said...

Thanks Andy.. there is almost identical images on Yorkshire moths

AndyC said...

https://ceredigionmoths.blogspot.com/2015/03/early-tooth-striped-vs-mottled-grey.html

Edward Evans said...

Sorry, I could tell them apart, unclear language sigh... I meant to the moth I caught there was almost identical images on Yorkshire moths.

AndyC said...

So what do you think it is now..??

Edward Evans said...

Mottled grey. I had another look in my book aswell.

Edward Evans said...

My moth book

AndyC said...

yes very good ,if you look at ETS upside down it looks like a heart shape....this has the look of MG and the early date is also good for MG...good record....

Edward Evans said...

Yes, early tooth striped are April. Thanks perfect habitat here as the book says it is in uplands and woodlands in the north. Perfect for it here. I hope this is the first of many

AndyC said...

Yes and i would expect you to get plenty of ETS as well....

Edward Evans said...

Yes.