We checked this small tunnel near Shibden Hall just before Christmas but we couldn't find anything hidden away amongst the stonework. Thought maybe we might find a Herald Moth but most of the archway throughout was dripping wet and obviously not attractive to moth or butterfly species.
Monday, 4 January 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi David, I had a look a few weeks ago. I went to pay my respects to a good friend who has a commerative bench near the tunnel. She passed away 8 years ago. The tunnel always seems to be dripping water when I go. I doubt that it will ever be a good place for moths or butterflies to shelter in.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERTONE.
Ha , had a look in there on Sunday morning...not a thing...
3 Heralds in Bare Head tunnel on the 5th Jan...
Post a Comment