My first moth of the year, an Early Thorn. It was a welcome sight.
Early Thorn.
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
5 comments:
Nice one , been very poor here , 2 Hebrew Character , 1 Common Quaker and 2 Small Quaker last night
Well, at least you have been getting the occasional moth. I almost felt like celebrating, when I found this one today. :-)
Things look good for the week ahead...
That's a nice one Gordon and well worth celebrating.. Beautiful Plume, 5 Hebrew Character, 2 Early Grey and a Small Quaker is the best I can do last few days. Certainly need some warmer nights.
Thanks David. Warmer nights would be welcome. We are having a fair few frosts, 4 or 5 days ago we had snow.
Post a Comment