Luddenden last night -
The Moth I have been waiting for finally arrived last night, a Puss Moth. I had singles at Pellon in 2007 and 2009 but this is the first here
Others last night were
Pale Prominent 1
Pale Tussock 3
Small Elephant Hawkmoth 1
Poplar Hawkmoth 2
Buff Ermine 1
Foxglove Pug 1
White-spotted Pug 1
As a matter of interest all the Moths this year have been caught with 22W circular Actinic bulbs, in fact I rarely use my MV125 trap and have not done for at least 2 years.
3 comments:
Nice one with the Puss Moth Martyn, I've still not seen one in nearly 20 years of mothing - I'm just down the hill from you these days in the "Foot" so there's hope for me yet :-)
Always hope Charlie ! I use the same light Martyn as the MV seems to be a bit bright for neighbours ! Just one record of Puss Moth here 18/05/2019.
You'll get one eventually Charlie, although they do seem a bit few and far, now how about a Leopard Moth................
Post a Comment