Thursday, 13 June 2024

Stainland.

 These moths are from the 10th and 11th of June. It's about time I saw a few moths!

1 x Brimstone

1 x Small Phoenix

1 x  Garden Carpet

Anne had a Mint Moth land on her arm, 2 days ago. Sadly, it didn't stay long enough for a photo.

Plus 2 moths that defeated me, (I think). The trouble is, I don't know of many moths which rest with their wings up. I did take a photo of a Brimstone moth resting that way last year. Other than that, I've had to do my best. At least you can have a good laugh at my guesses. I'm not confident I got either right. I'd love someone to enlighten me please.

1'll call them A) and B)

Moth A) Common Carpet, TBC


Moth B) Common Lutestring. TBC




2 comments:

David Sutcliffe said...

Hi Gordon - B - I'm not familiar with any of the "......twin-spot Carpets" but just wonder if this is one of them.?? I've never seen one so very much a stab in the dark for me !!!

Gordon Jackson said...

Thanks David, I'll have a search then. I posted a reply to you yesterday (I think) and it had gone today. Good old Google.