Thursday, 1 May 2025

Lee Mount and Ringby Lane

 Lee Mount - a nice day for butterfly's with 2 Speckled Wood, 1 Large White + a few unidentified 'whites' as fly-by's. The best was a Holly Blue that landed briefly on the violas but it was off before I could grab the camera. Our neighbour described it to me as he was sitting in his garden on Sunday so I was on the look-out for it !

In the hot sunshine this afternoon I tried Ringby Lane - one of my favoured spots for butterfly's on a day like today. It did not disappoint. The lower reaches produced a Wall Brown, Small Copper and a Small Heath. The Wall proved a challenge to photograph 'stop and move and stop and move' then chase off Small Tortoiseshell so I failed to get a photo.

I did get some record shots of the other two......

Small Heath

Small Copper

Further up the lane, on the top,  2 Peacock, 4 Small Tortoiseshells and a Large White

2 comments:

AndyC said...

6 weeks earlier than last year , Small Heath..!!!!

David Sutcliffe said...

Wow, didn't realise that, though I felt sure it was early so worked hard to confirm it with photos - but it did play 'hard to get'.