Tuesday, 8 July 2025

Lee Mount etc........

 This little beauty turned up by the trap on 6th July

Sycamore Leaf -miner Phyllononrycter geniculella (CF checked)

Fantastic day today for butterfly's. The now wild garden near The Withens was alive with flowering ragwort, bramble, white clover and perennial geraniums all in a sheltered  location with the sunshine blazing down. Never seen so many butterfly's in such a small area. It was 'buzzing'.
1 Peacock, 4 Small Heath, 3 Comma, 1 Red Admiral, 5+ Large White, 25+ Small Skipper, 6 Large Skipper, 27+ Ringlets, 2 Small Copper, 7 Green veined White, 16+ Small Tortoiseshell, 26+ Meadow Brown.
Comma

Large Skipper

Small Copper

Small Skippers

Interesting that last week or two I have seen a good number of Large Whites. All the smaller 'whites' I have managed to identify (they are always on the move) have been Green-veined. Surprised that I have not found  a Small White !! Perhaps they'll emerge shortly ?

No comments: