Thursday, 17 January 2013
First moth of the year a Tissue....(no I havnt got a cold)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
9 comments:
Great Local record,bet theres a few more in that cave!
Yep if you fancy a look next week ,text us,could do with a couple of pairs of eyes at it.....
Sorry all a correction,the Tissue was recorded in the early part of the last century but not since then..
That's an amazing find Andy,I'm so chuffed for you.It's always gratifying to find anything at this time of year let alone something of that magnitude - well done indeed.
What a find Andy. Great Stuff
A friend of mine at work's father has done extensive research on hibernating Tissue Moths (and Heralds) in a cave in Littondale in the Yorkshire Dales, for anyone interested he is speaking about this very subject at Cross Hills Naturalists on Saturday night, see http://www.crosshillsnats.co.uk/events.html
Have you got an e-mail for this chap...as I carnt make that date.?
I don't but will try and get it.
Andy, I have e mailed the address.
Post a Comment