Friday, 26 May 2017

Lee Mount - 25th May

A busy few hours after 10 pm with 47 moths identified from 19 species - including some 'gems' which I later found in the trap this morning.
Please, as ever, correct any errors with identification !

 Green Silver-lines
 
 Pseudargyrotoza conwagana
 
 Cabbage Moth
 
 Shuttle-shaped Dart ?
I did struggle with this one with wings open as they look more obvious with the wings closed !
 
 Spectacle
 
 
The big surprise for here ! This was one moth I definitely was not expecting having only seen one before on Norland Moor with Andy, Colin and Glen last summer. At first I thought maybe a Phoenix type, it wouldn't keep still though I managed a few shots before it was off. It was only later, on checking the books, I realised what it was.  
 
 Beautiful Snout

2 comments:

Colin D said...

Thats a nice selection of interesting Moths David

AndyC said...

beautiful....................