My little Blackthorn project I started in April continues to surprise. After putting the 11 pupae outside to overwinter in the garage I was surprised to see that one had emerged in the last day or so - my first ever female Winter Moth, common enough but still a nice surprise.
Larva collected in May from the hedge by the weir at Cromwell Bottom. I was thinking some of the variously sized pupae left may be Early Moths, time will tell.
Friday, 7 December 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Interesting Charlie and a nice shot to go with it. How did you keep them as I was wondering if stored them in soil or leaf litter or something else ?
Nice one Charlie , I have seen females on , OAk , Beech , fence posts ,Hawthorn , Elderberry and Birch but never on Blackthorn...excellent ..lets hope there Early Moths....
Hi Dave,
Nowadays I keep my pupae in a large tuppaware tub in the garage. I let fresh air in every couple of weeks with a TINY amount of moisture. I bring them indoors next Feb- Mar. Works vey well.
Thank you so much for sharing such an amazing blog with us. Ogen Infosystem provides one of the best Website Development and SEO Services in Delhi.
Website Development Company
Thanks for sharing.Introduce this year’s most popular magical short video app Likee. Super nana825763 is also on Likee. Have a look here
Post a Comment