Monday, 18 February 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
4 comments:
Nice find Charlie there are a few odd stands within a 30 m radius of Snow berry that i monitor including the snowberry but that one slipped by. The Frogbit at the bridge if its still there 63.114 Brown China-mark Elophila nymphaeata has been noted Flowering Current has similar mine = 15.064 Nut Leaf Blister Moth Phyllonorycter coryli Plus about 15 other plants Moss and Lichens
Snowberry could also yield 0293 Gracillaria syringella
0354 Phyllonorycter emberizaepenella
0361 Phyllonorycter trifasciella
0762 Athrips mouffetella
It would be great to find Brown China Mark in any of it's stages - maybe setting up a portable trap/genny at CB where they are known to exist would be one strategy.
Colin, if you find any interesting miners, especially those that might needing rearing through for ID, I'd be more than happy to have a look at them.
Hi Charlie - Brown China is fairly common at the Lagoon
. Thats a great idea if your up for it. I dont rear from mines occasionally Cats reared through but you can have as many as you want !!! I look , Marvel but dont often play with mines - . I'll be getting out and about soon so I'll start a collection . Our van is off the road but I can get them to you . I;ll log the botany and grid C
I don't think I thought this through, when I said "if you find any interesting miners" I didn't take in to account what I consider interesting may be very different to yourself.
By all means post photos on the blog and I'll have a look at them, if I see any worth rearing through then I'll have a go at them also.
Main thing is to have a curious mind and start looking for them and I'll offer any help I can.
Post a Comment