Angle shades.
I looked at my archives and found that the first Feathered ranunculus I found by our door, was on the 11th of Oct, 2017. I didn't see one last year. In the last 4 days, comparing the markings, I've had two different ones. A colony of this mainly coastal moth, is know to exist in Calderdale, I wish I knew where.
Feathered ranunculus.
I've had numerous Light Brown Apple moths this year. They are still appearing every day in ones and twos.
Light Brown Apple.
Silver Y.
Barred Sallow.
Red and Green Carpet.
I've seen 5 Garden Carpets this year. There is one on the fanlight at this moment.
Garden Carpet.
Garden Rose Tortrix.
Snout.
Twenty Plume.
I'm not 100% certain I have IDd the next one correctly. I found 2 or 3 images on the Web which matched it. If I'm right, it's a first for me. I think it's a November Moth agg. If anyone knows different, please tell me.
November Moth agg.
So, 11 moths, not too bad, considering the awful weather we've been having. I know it's been bad, our cellar is flooded again. Hey ho!











4 comments:
I am waiting for a Feathered Ranunculus to show up in Rishworth at the moment. They are lovely moths.
Edward, I've just discovered that the 2nd Feathered ranuculus I had,(a worn one) is still by the door. It's not easy to see, blending in to the stone the way it does. The fresh ones are very nice to look at, I agree.
Great selection of moths ,,good to see your posts again...
Thank you Andy. I was very surprised and pleased to get such a selection just now.
Post a Comment