The nearest I can get within any realms of possibility is maybe........
Caloptilia rufipennella or maybe Aspilapteryx tringipennella
The Field Guide (Sterling, Parsons, Lewington) to micros suggests the former usually has no markings but 'has an orange brown form with small black spots in a line below the costa and one below the dorsum with a similar spot before the termen'....
Confirmed (CF) as Caloptilia rufipennella
6 comments:
Possible Betulicola?
I would send those pics to CF......
Hmmm
Either try a darker Betulicola
Or follow Andy's advice. In Google there are pictures of a mottledy betulicola
I see you have a photo of a Caloptilia rufipennella on Norfolk Moths Andy (April 2011) !
Ah yes a very interesting one, it was thought at the time to be one of the rarer ones.? So I sent it to the Norfolk recorder at the time and it was gen.set as Rufipennella...I think most/all Caloptillias are worth gen . det to be sure of id.......other wise its caloptillia sp.
CF has come back and confirmed i d as Caloptilia rufipennella plus some more info I'll let you see later.
Post a Comment