Wednesday, 31 March 2021

Rishworth - Overnight Moths - 30th March - 50 moths and a couple of unknowns

 Everyone agree on Engrailed?

 Edit: I originally had this on for ID but after about 2hrs I have it as Oak Nycteoline, an excellent Garden first.

 A really good night last night, I have two unknowns. FYI I did trap on the night of the 29th but I lost my list :)

Moth Trap 30th March;

Chestnut x4

Common Quaker x13

Small Quaker x21

Water Carpet x1 [NFY]

Mottled Grey x6

Hebrew Character x10

Brindled Pug x7

Oak Beauty x4

Brown House Moth x1 [NFY]

Twin Spot Quaker x3

Clouded Drab x1

Red Green Carpet x1 [NFY]

Oak Nycteoline x1 [NFG]

2 comments:

AndyC said...

Yes Edward , Oak Ny are very variable ,,this one is a real BEAUT..!! eNGRAILED FOR SURE

Edward Evans said...

Excellent Andy , glad to get a nyct because the book classes them as 'local'